Just a decade ago, if you didn’t have a website, you were out of business. Now, it’s not about having a website, it’s about having more presence on the web and the search engine giant that is Google. Now you need to understand the Importance Of Google My Business.
But now with mobile being huge and Google recognizing that its users want quick answers to their questions and queries, your local business needs to be findable on Google today so you can draw new customers to your door.
Google My Business has been around for quite a long time now and yet, there are local businesses that overlook the benefits it has.
You can lose potential customers if your business does not pop up in google search results. It is one of the most powerful Local SEO tools that will make your business more discoverable online as well as in real life.
Let’s take a closer look at what Google My Business is and what is Importance Of Google My Business in 2022.
What is Google My Business?
- 1 What is Google My Business?
- 1.0.1 How to set up Google my business account?
- 1.0.2 Step 1: Creating your Google my business account
- 1.0.3 Step 2: Adding the Business details
- 1.0.4 Step 3: Submitting for Verification
- 1.0.5 Step 4: After filling in the business details you will be asked to enter the address for verification. Add the address and pin the location on the map to claim it.
- 1.0.6 How do you get the listing verified on Google My Business?
- 1.0.7 Postcard Verification:
- 1.0.8 Phone or Email Verification:
- 1.0.9 Bulk Verification:
- 2 Importance Of Google My Business Listing For Start-Ups:
When people want to explore a product or service near them, they end up searching about it on Google and eventually turn up to the store to make a purchase.
Therefore it is important that your business name and its details pop up when people search about the services that you offer on Google.
Google My Business lets you achieve exactly that by listing your business on Google. With Google My Business, you will not only list your business but you will also mark your company’s presence on one of the world’s most popular search engines.
When a customer searches about your business or terms related to your business on google it makes sure to list all the information needed for the customers to contact you or make a purchase.
A working and comprehensive Google Business page will subsequently improve your sales and lead generation.
How to set up Google my business account?
Creating your Google My Business page is a crucial step and thus it is important to get it done right at the very beginning.
Step 1: Creating your Google my business account
Visit https://www.google.com/business/ and sign in using the Google Account that you want to link with your business. And if you don’t have a Google account, create one to get started.
Step 2: Adding the Business details
After you log in to the GMB account enter the details of your business like its name, category, area of operation, contact number, and website address.
Step 3: Submitting for Verification
Step 4: After filling in the business details you will be asked to enter the address for verification. Add the address and pin the location on the map to claim it.
How do you get the listing verified on Google My Business?
To completely represent and manage your business on Google, you’ll have to first verify that it’s yours.
Google will ask you to choose a method for verification through which they will be sending you the verification code.
You can verify your business in 3 ways depending upon the information you provided:
The most common means to get a business verified is through the postcard by mail option. Google will mail a postcard to your physical address with a verification code attached to it.
The postcard may take up to two weeks to arrive so make sure you do not make any changes to the details submitted as this could delay the process.
Phone or Email Verification:
Google allows verification of the location by phone or email for some businesses. You will see a “Verify by Phone” or “Verify by email” option if you’re eligible.
This option lets you verify instantly using the verification code sent on your phone or email address through an automated message.
This option of verification is available for businesses operating in 10+ locations. All you have to do is create a spreadsheet with all the locations and submit it to get them verified altogether.
Importance Of Google My Business Listing For Start-Ups:
Google my business is an extensive tool that will not only help your business to interact with its target audience but will also give helpful information to your existing and potential customers.
Creating, verifying, and properly optimizing your Google My Business listing is a priceless opportunity that will offer some incredible benefits to your business. A few of them are as follows:
- Google my business listing will benefit you by creating a strong online presence of your startup business. Not only this, its easy and user-friendly centralized dashboard lets you manage your business information over several other Google-based platforms.
- Today a lot of people are checking reviews of the customer before choosing any service from a local business. The review feature of Google My Business lets your customers post reviews to increase the credibility of your business.
- Customers are more than willing to try out services that have more positive reviews. Thus using this feature properly will help you to generate leads and to increase sales.
- Google my business not only helps in promoting your business but it also helps you know the market. It comes with some powerful features that give insights into critical areas of your business to help you build strategies.
These insights will help you discover how customers search for your business on google and what actions they take on your listing.
Here’s everything that you need to get started with Google My Business. It is an extremely effective tool for businesses to maximize their visibility on Google, generate more leads, and drive traffic to your storefront.
Need help in creating, verifying, or optimizing your Google My Business listing? Our dedicated team of digital marketing experts will help you get started. Call us now to learn more about our services!